IV extension tube in flexible, transparent polyurethane tubing with Vadsite and flat clamp.
Octopus with Vadsite is a multi-purpose catheter accessory, a single-lumen or multi-lumen IV extension tube with needleless connector(s), enabling intermittent injections or continuous infusions of fluids or medications and blood sampling depending on device variant.
- Can be connected to all intravenous devices comprising a female luer lock hub (catheters, stopcocks, extension tubes, Huber needles used with implantable ports etc.).
- A needle-free access device which prevents needlestick injuries, the risk of air embolism or blood loss.
- Device automatically closes when the infusion line or syringe has been disconnected
- Can connect all intravenous devices comprising a male luer or male luer lock end (syringes, infusion sets etc.)
- Resistant to lipids and most disinfecting agents used in hospitals
- Approved for use with power injectors
- Latex-free and DEHP-free
- Available with single or double lumens
- Sold individually
Advantages of using Needle-free valves:
- Reduced catheter site infections
- Closed system minimizes risk of infection
- Eliminates the risk of needle-stick injury
- Allows easy repeated IV connection and disconnection